Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Outlawz Color Challenge - May 23rd

Hello, fellow crafty pardners! I'm so glad you stopped by! Today starts the new Color Challenge over at The Outlawz!   And our sponsor for the month of May is Mari Digis Designs.


Here is our Theme for this week: Monochromatic! I love monochromatic! It can be any color, as long as it's in the same color family. Here is a sample of color:
One of our DT's used these colors, and it looks fantastic! Now on to my card:
I'm not one to really say, wow! I love the card I just made! But I really do like this one! The colors came together quite well! I was concerned that the butterfly colors wouldn't work, but they matched almost perfectly! 

Of course, I normally start out with coloring a digital if I use one, then make my card base. But in this case, I made my butterfly the day before. I had actually made 2, but only needed one on the card. I used a Tim Holtz butterfly die which has an embossing butterfly with the die. I used white card stock for the embossed part and black for the intricate die. (TIP: Placing the die onto a couple of folded fabric softener sheets and then running it through your machine will help pull the excess pieces away from the die once you cut it onto your card stock.) Once I had both pieces cut out, I adhered them with my Art Glitter Glue, then took colored Stickles in various places of the butterfly, including the body. After that dried, I used Glossy Accents all over the butterfly and sprinkled diamond glitter glass from Reneabouquets.  I let that set overnight. I wish you could see the sparkle in this butterfly!

I made the card base out of white and distressed it with TH distressing inks. I cut out a piece of printed card stock into the form of what looks like a "K" and a slim piece to put underneath it on the left side of the "K". I used my distressing tool to distress each side of the paper. 

I hot glued a piece of lace on top of the printed card stock, then some white twine in the center on top of that. I placed some white leaves and pearls sprays, then added the flower. Lastly, I hot glued my butterfly onto the card, next to the flower.

I hope you enjoyed this card! And I definitely hope you join in on the challenge this week! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

Challenges I entered into:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes May 23rd 
Fairy Tale Challenge - Things with Wings #169
Magnolia-licious Challenge #9 - Anything Goes Optional Summer
Paper Minutes #488 - Butterflies
Tuesday Throwdown #344 - Anything Goes



4 comments:

  1. Elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
    Laurigami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Jeanie.
    Thank you for joining us Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete