Thursday, August 17, 2017

Mixed Media Project

Okay, all you crafty peeps! I've created a Mixed Media project. It's been awhile since I created one like this, but when the Challenge came in for Reneabouquets in her Facebook page event, I had to try! Plus, a FB friend of mine with ScrapbookingwithM.E Facebook Group, also mentioned how great the Art Alchemy acrylic paint Sparks are...so naturally, that went right along with what I needed! It was my first time using them, but I must say...they are AWESOME!

Here is my project:




I used various items from both Reneabouquets, such as Gold Micro Beads, Diamond Glass Glitter, the Butterfly, the stencil....and the Art Alchemy paint was from ScrapbookingwithMe. Links are above when you click on their names. 

The process was such a fun thing to do! I love mixed media anyway. I first glued everything (bottom layered items) onto the board, then used Gesso on top of all that. Then I painted over that with black acrylic paint. Next came the Alchemy paints....CAN WE SAY FUN??? I can! I then added all the beads, glitter to various areas, added some top layers (such as the stick pin I made, the little jewel in the bottom right I also made, the angels a swap partner sent me, and the beautiful butterfly. Lastly, I used Glossy Accents to string the chain around the canvas. 

I hope you enjoyed this little project of mine! And thanks for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. Love your style too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media project - so much detail and loads to see - love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jeanie. Fabulous attention to detail xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, just stunning. I love all the layers and the detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing mixed media project, love everything about it and all the lovely textures!

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love the delicate butterfly; the detail and colors in it are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete