Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Congratulations to all of last week's winners! So now...on to this week's challenge!  This week the challenge is Any Holiday

Our sponsors this week are:

QKR Stampede
Prize: 3 Digital Images

Prize: 3 Digital Images

Here is the DT Project I did for the challenge. I used the digital Manger from QKR Stampede.





To make this, I used a box my sister had found and altered it. First I put Gesso all over it inside and out so the colors could stay on better. Than I used various colors of the Shimmerz Inklings all over it, randomly. I then used a Faber Castell stencil and applied Liquitex Glass Beads I bought from ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique. While it was still wet, I also applied glitter on it that I had in my stash. (The blingier, the better!) I also added the silver microbeads I bought through Reneabouquets and pressed them in gently, so they would sink into the glass beads. While all this was drying, I colored in my digi so it would be ready. At this point, I still wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate it into the altered box idea, but I wasn't going to give up yet!

I then applied all my trimmings, the laces Cindy's Vintage Laces, embellishments, etc. I altered my angel metal pieces by using Versamark on them and putting Ranger embossing powders onto them. I wanted them to have more of a Christmas look to them. I added a rhinestone to the metal flower from the boutique on front. 

Now, onto the digital. I thought...how cool it would be if I could sort of "pop up" my digital so it wouldn't be laying on the "floor" of the inside box? So I placed Popeze on the bottom...3 of them. I also got these through ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique. The star on the inside was POW glitter paper also from the boutique. I hot glued the green sentiment on the inside and taped the vellum sentiment on the inside lid. 

So there you have it! The Perfect Gift inside a gift box! I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment