TTCRD Nov-Dec 2017 Sneak Peek!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Congratulations to all of last week's winners! So now...on to this week's challenge!  This week the challenge is Any Holiday

Our sponsors this week are:

QKR Stampede
Prize: 3 Digital Images

Prize: 3 Digital Images

Here is the DT Project I did for the challenge. I used the digital Manger from QKR Stampede.





To make this, I used a box my sister had found and altered it. First I put Gesso all over it inside and out so the colors could stay on better. Than I used various colors of the Shimmerz Inklings all over it, randomly. I then used a Faber Castell stencil and applied Liquitex Glass Beads I bought from ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique. While it was still wet, I also applied glitter on it that I had in my stash. (The blingier, the better!) I also added the silver microbeads I bought through Reneabouquets and pressed them in gently, so they would sink into the glass beads. While all this was drying, I colored in my digi so it would be ready. At this point, I still wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate it into the altered box idea, but I wasn't going to give up yet!

I then applied all my trimmings, the laces Cindy's Vintage Laces, embellishments, etc. I altered my angel metal pieces by using Versamark on them and putting Ranger embossing powders onto them. I wanted them to have more of a Christmas look to them. I added a rhinestone to the metal flower from the boutique on front. 

Now, onto the digital. I thought...how cool it would be if I could sort of "pop up" my digital so it wouldn't be laying on the "floor" of the inside box? So I placed Popeze on the bottom...3 of them. I also got these through ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique. The star on the inside was POW glitter paper also from the boutique. I hot glued the green sentiment on the inside and taped the vellum sentiment on the inside lid. 

So there you have it! The Perfect Gift inside a gift box! I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment