Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #39!
This week the challenge is Things with Wings or Mythical Creatures!


Our sponsor this week is:

Faery Ink
Prize: 3 digital images


Here is my project for this week! Penelope Faery Dust! I had lots of fun with this one! I first printed out my digital, got her all colored up with my Prima pencils. :-)  I used Glossy Accents on her hair and sprinkled glitter on it, and also part of her top. I used the same gloss on her wings, but sprinkled Glitter Glass I bought through Reneabouquets

And then I got to thinking...exactly what is a Dust Faery anyway? What I found were crafters making little doors for fairies. And that in turn, intrigued me. I figured, well, my little "faery" needed a door, so I proceeded to make the door. I measured the height of my faery, and then added about 3" more, and cut out a rectangle chipboard. Then I took corrugated cardstock and made the trims around the door and made the roof. I added smaller pieces of chipboard to make the molded look into the door. I cut out the "window", and framed it with molding also. Then I used mulberry paper for the "stain glass" kind of look, placed it onto sticky paper, and then adhered it to the backside of the window. I painted Gesso all over it, let it dry, then smeared gold metallic rub to give it more of an aged look. 

The vine you see is made from chipboard, which I bought through Renea's shop also. I colored the vine with the 3D Stamp-Paint I bought through ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique. I handmade the flowers using mulberry paper and sprinkled them with glitter also. I think I finally have the hang of making the flowers. Lol. 

Now let's see what you create with your challenge for this week! I can't wait to see what you do!

Blessings! Jeanie

No comments:

Post a Comment