Monday, May 9, 2016

Paper Temptress Vellum Card
Hello, fellow crafty peeps! Today I want to share with you what I did using heavy duty vellum! I love this vellum, mainly because it is heavy duty. It went through my Big Shot embossing folder very nicely and there were no tears or rips in it at all! However, before I embossed the vellum, I used a die cut template to cut a "window" in my card front, using Script Tease paper, then layered the vellum underneath the window. I then turned the Script Tease over and used it as an additional matting for my card front. The foundation of the card itself is Ivory Leather. I wanted to add some layering to my window front, so I used a floral die cut using the Orange Fizz cardstock. I then used the same die cut on the vellum and placed it on the orange flower, in order to give it a lighter shade to lighten up the orange. Regarding the pink I used from the Basis package...it has a very similar feel of vellum, but with some monochrome color to it, very lightly shaded. It's beautiful!
As you can  see, I also use a Tim Holtz butterfly die cut, again using the reverse side of the Script Tease for the bottom layer and then the light pink on top of that. Do you see the beautiful lace and lace flower? I was gifted that by a very special friend! It made the whole card really pop! I used stickles on my flower and butterfly just to give it a little shine. I left the card blank inside, as I wanted to be able to use it for just the right occasion when it comes along. I hope you enjoy it! And please....show us your creations!!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw
May 9th watermark

No comments:

Post a Comment