Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #85 - Any Holiday

This week the challenge is Any Holiday!
Our sponsors this week are:

Lacy Sunshine
Prize: 3 Digital Images
Here's a bit about our sponsor: 
"Heather Valentin  is  creative ,  award winning,  modern-day  fantasy and  whimsical  artist who has displayed a dynamic and vibrant energy while painting professionally for over 18 years.
She  began to express herself creatively through movement at a very young age. 
For many years she studied dance, being drawn to forms that allowed creative self expression, all the while feeling this constant urge to create with her hands. The canvas is now her dance floor where color, beauty and drama are expressed through her every pencil sketch and  brush stroke. Her  subjects vary from fairies, fantasy, mermaids, vampires, dragons, wildlife, abstract and more. She is one who is inspired in a single moment. Her  dreams, moods and the the unfolding beauty of the world around her is what charts her dance for the day. She is most alive when sketching and painting, creating timeless pieces that reflect her heart and soul. Drawing breathes life into her soul- it enables her to reach out and touch lives. This gives her a place in the world one character and painting at a time.

Heather's  artist portfolio  has  expanded to include such  clients  as   Pepsi, Outback Steakhouse, Nabisco, Zephryhils  and can now be found  at Laguna Art, Third Stone Art Gallery and Sausalito Art Galleries, along with commercial and private collections across the globe. "



                                     Prize: 3 Digital Images
Hello, everyone! Today I'll be sharing with you not 1, but 2 challenges from Crafty Gals Corner! So be sure to check CGC #84 on my blog, too. We had a week of rest, now it's time to post these challenges! And as always, my fellow teammies have outdone themselves! 

I used the Princess image from Jiggery Maker. She's so cute! I wasn't sure about doing another tag, since the other one seemed fitting for a tag. However, I did do another one....but this one is an oversized tag. 



I went to Phyllis Fernandez - YouTube channel for some inspiration. Although my outcome is much different, (and hers are so elegant and lovely!), my inspiration did come from her. Be sure to check her out! I did cut out my tag foundation out of chipboard, and Christmas paper I had bought from Scrapbookingwithme Boutique a couple years ago. I don't remember the name of it, however. 

I also took her idea and did all my texture paste, sprays, etc., onto the paper before gluing it to the chipboard. I used some Tim Holtz stencils to mimic "snow", embossing powders on the image after coloring her, and used the Stamp n Bond with white glitter on the sentiment "Merry Christmas". The butterflies are the Snow White Butterflies from Reneabouquets. I dry embossed the clock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, used Versamark on the outline and numbers, and then copper embossing powder. I used other embellishments and used lace on the bottom.

Please be sure to check out our 2 challenges!!! Pick one or both to do! And have fun!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw
I have entered this project into the following challenge(s):
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous wall hanging. Love that sweet image. So pretty! Thanks so much for adding your gorgeous card into the Fab 'n' Funky 'Anything Goes' challenge. I hope you're enjoying your Summer. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete