Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge 9-13-16

We have a new Color Challenge over at the Outlawz Challenges! 
And our sponsor is Through the Craft Room Door!
Prize: One Year Subscription to Magazine


Now I want to show you my project. This little girl is such a cutie!!! She's the Awww, Thanks digital from Tiddly Inks. And even better? She was FREE. I plan on going back in to buy some more, though....they are so doggone cute!

I hope you can see the details on this card. I wanted to do something a little differently, so when I saw a tutorial for this (and for the life of me, I can't find the link!), I figured this was the way to go. However, I did use my own dimensions rather than the tutorial, as I needed a slightly bigger card.
After I colored her with the Prismacolors, I went scored down on the horizontal side of the card. Basically, what you need for the folds is to make it into thirds. I then took my tag punch and cut out the bottom of the screen. Makes it look more like a screen that way, doesn't it? :-D I took a Martha Steward punch and made a border for the top. I trimmed out each fold with ribbon and lace (be sure it's flat enough so you can fold your card for mailing), added my flower I made and a sentiment on the front, and the flower appliques from Cindy's Lighthouse stop n' shop and corner appliques from Kimberly of KPkre8tions. Be sure to go check them out! These girls have some awesome goodies for great prices! And I happen to know Kimberly is in the process of making some Thanksgiving and Christmas appliques that are to die for! They are super gorgeous! 
So there you have it! It really is a lot easier to do than what I thought it was going to be. I hope you enjoy it and come see us over at the Color Challenge. While you're there, show us what you've created! We'd love to see it!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw






No comments:

Post a Comment