TTCRD Nov-Dec 2017 Sneak Peek!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Scrapbooking with M.E. GDT project

Hey, my fellow crafty peeps! I was asked to be a Guest Designer over at the Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique on their Facebook page, and of course I said Yes!! I got my kit in last Thursday, which was the Simple Stories Bloom and Grow. This kit was the September kit from the boutique. The October kit will be available very soon!

Instead of doing 1 project, I decided to go ahead and do 2. Here is my first project:
I did a scrapbooking layout page using a lot of die cuts and the 3 burlap flowers in the kit. The only thing that wasn't from the kit was the white cardstock I used for a fence. I found the perfect picture for this layout....my 2 youngest grandchildren taken a few years ago. Wow, how lucky was that! I mounted the photo onto the burlap sheet that was in the kit, then mounted that onto a sheet of the printed cardstock, and in turn onto a 12x12 sheet of the cardstock. I then embellished the page with some of the die cuts from the kit. Now on to my 2nd project:
3-D Wheelbarrow

Close-up
Now, this one was a bit tricky at first. I was thinking this would make a great Fall centerpiece, but I just wasn't sure how I was going to do it. A friend of mine suggested the wheelbarrow idea. So I used one from the Silhouette. The fence is also from Silhouette. I had a wooden piece that was just laying around waiting for me to do something with it (insert wink here). I decided to use that as a base and spread texture paste on the bottom of it, spray it with green mist, and layer it with "grass", pushing it down so it would dry together. I then hot glued some of that after it was dried, to further keep it in place. I then put a fence around it. Before I went any further, I decorated my wheelbarrow by putting some of the grass into it and hot gluing the flowers inside. The sentiment pieces didn't have a "stem" to them, so I hot glued stems onto each one, then hot glued that inside the wheelbarrow. 

I then proceeded to put die cuts in front of the wheelbarrow, using the same "stems" in order to hot glue them onto the base. I glued more die cuts onto the fence. It took about 2 days to do this, as I wanted to be sure the texture paste had dried properly.

I hope you stop by the Scrapbooking with M.E. boutique! Every month there is a new kit, but you might want to order quickly, as these go fast! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment