Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge - Nov 8th

Hello, fellow crafters! Today starts the new Color Challenge over at the Outlawz! This week, we have a new challenge using this inspiration photo colors:


Aren't these colors just gorgeous?? And to add snowflakes...how fun is that? I was totally excited about using these colors, because I had the perfect image to use for my card. The image is from Faery Ink, but I'm not sure if it's available anymore. Here is my card:
I colored once again with my Prismacolors and added my embellishments and "extras" to the tree (Diamond Glass Glitter - Reneabouquets and Tim Holtz tinsel). Love that tinsel! 

After the glass glitter dried, I mounted the tree onto the red/white piece, then mounted that onto a snowflake teal color photo mat, then that onto a gray photo mat, and then used a red cardstock as the card base. I added pearls to each side of the tree and a sentiment at the top. I'm one of those who prefers to say "Merry Christmas" rather than Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings. But I unfortunately didn't have one in the right color so I used the Season's Greetings. The color was perfect for my project, especially since it had snowflakes on the right side of the sentiment. I did add lace between the red/white cardstock and the teal snowflake paper. 

It took a while to do only because in order to use the glass glitter, I had to use Glossy Accents to keep the glitter on. Glass Glitter is one of my favorite pieces to use for any project!

Please hop on over to the Color Challenge at the Outlawz! And join us! 

Happy Crafting!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment