Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #108

Hi again, crafters! Here I am to share with you another card I did for Crafty Gals Corner Challenges!
The Theme for this week is ADD SPARKLE. The sponsors for this challenge are:

Faery Ink
Faery Ink
Prize: 3 Digital Images

Star Stampz

Prize: 3 Digital Images

For my card, I chose the Wedded Bliss by Faery Ink. I had a lot of fun doing this image for my card. Here it is:

I wanted to add a closeup of this card so you could see the sparkle better in her veil. This was a total experiment for me. I had never done one like this before. But I'm so glad it worked! Here's my process....First, of course, I used my Prismacolors to color the image. To make her skin look lighter under the veil, I used my white Prismacolor. That way when I did her skin tones, it would be lighter and look more realistic.

I then made a card base out of white cardstock for the foundation. Then I took a printed piece of cardstock and used the Tim Holtz distressing tool around the edge of it. I mounted it onto the base. I hot glued...sparingly...some white lace on the left side of the printed piece along the edge of the bride's side, used some Glossy Accents and sprinkled Diamond Glass Glitter from Reneaubouquets Shop. I also added some of the glass glitter along the groom's side.

I added 3-D foam on the back of the image so it would stand out better on the card. I used Stickles on the bouquet and on her hair piece. For the veil, for lack of a better explanation on "paper", I used the same Stickles and "skipped" it gently along the lines of the veil so it would give an illusion of "see-through". The last thing I added was the butterfly, also from Reneabouquets.

I hope you enjoyed this! And I hope you join us in this week's challenges! See you there!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

I've entered this card into the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes (#110)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes (weeks #268-269)
Crafty Sentiments Design - Lace and/or Ribbon






6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card, has a romantic feel to it. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Please join us again, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image, fabulous colouring and a lovely design, a wonderful romantic wedding card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello jeannie! this pretty, fabulous design and coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete