Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #142 - Anything Goes

Hello, fellow crafters! Today began a new challenge over at Crafty Gals Corner ChallengesThis week the challenge is Anything Goes! I'm so excited to share with you who are amazing sponsors are! They are the amazing.....
Alicia Bel
Image result for alicia bel digital image
PRIZE: $10 Euros

AND....



Prize: 3 Digital Images

So for my Anything Goes project, I decided not to do a card this time. I wasn't really sure what it was I was going to be doing with the image, Senara, so I decided to go ahead and cut her out using my Silhouette, and then color her with my Prismacolors. Once I got her done, I thought I'd like to do a shaker, but not in a card. Instead, I decided I'd make a stand up type of frame. Here it is:
 Front
Side View

I began by cutting out 2 pieces of chipboard, about 6"x8". You know those packages you buy with double sided tape (such as score tape)? I used the clear plastic covering for my shaker piece. I placed that piece (the clear circle you see in the images), on top of the card stock I wanted for the front of the frame, and traced it where I wanted the shaker to be. I then cut that out and slipped my clear plastic piece inside the hole I just made. I then  placed a piece of card stock on top of the chipboard and glued that onto the board. I put some sequins inside the shaker piece and mounted that and the card stock it was in, on top of the other card stock. 

I distressed around the edge of the chipboard and added a sentiment and some die cuts onto the top, placed her on the frame with 3-D pops, and swirled a pearl strand and some rhinestones around the frame. Lastly, a bow was added to the top of the frame.

This was different, but it was so much fun to do! And I love the result! Oh yes...I made a stand out of chipboard for the frame to stand up. How fun is that??

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will enter our challenge!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment