Monday, February 29, 2016

Paper Temptress February 29th Project

It's time for another project from the super duper Paper Temptress Blog!!  And this time...it's not a tag, not a card, not a mixed media (I know, right?? something different for me! ;-)  ). This is called a Faux Book Storage. I LOVE it! And it was an easy tutorial! 

I saw this tutorial on YouTube, which was made by Edith Wray of Scrapbooking With M.E Boutique, and just had to try it! I did adjust my book by an overall 2" because of the digital I had printed and already colored. The digital was part of my winnings from Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet. For this digital, I used a brand new set of colors I've never tried before....the Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels that I had bought from the SWMB. Every piece of paper is made using Paper Temptress product, including the digital. Here's the project:

 

Here are the supplies I used from PT:
My Supply List: Cryogen White IridescentDesert Storm Kraft PaperKraft 100#(inside), Script TeaseGlossy Yellow (on back), and On Edge Hambly Stickers. As a "plus" for my book, I added white corrugated paper and put it on the area where the pages are supposed to be. To me, this added a little extra effect to make it look more like pages, especially after I inked them with TH tea stain distress ink. I also used the Urban Frames Kraft sticker sheet. I placed various "boxes" on a sheet that stood a little higher than the book, and placed it inside the book.
This little book storage can be used for just about anything. Right now I have a couple note pads and some special cd's. But it also could be used to place photos in that you are getting ready to put into an album. Or even put the photos on mats and just keep them in there. I hope you check all the product out!! Blessings! Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmaaw

No comments:

Post a Comment