Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge April 18th

Hello, crafters! We started a new COLOR CHALLENGE over at The Outlawz today! And I love the colors in the Tic Tac Toe photo inspiration! Here it is:
Photo Inspiration
For my project, I decided I'd do a Mixed Media canvas, using the top left to bottom right colors and embellishments: pink - lace; lavender - pearls; and green - bling. One of my very favorite things to do are Mixed Media and making Tags! Now for my project:
For my canvas, I began by spreading Gesso all over it so it would get a good primer base. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to paint directly on it, or use scrapbooking paper. In the end, I decided to use designer cardstock. As with any mixed media, you can start with one thing and totally end up a different way. While my paper doesn't show much, it still gave me a good base to go with. I used an acrylic stamp in various places on the canvas, then I covered it with rose stencils by Tim Holtz. I sprayed different colors of mists. For the clock, I wet embossed it using a copper color by Zing! 

The applique in the bottom right is made by KPKre8tions. The butterflies are made by Reneabouquets. These 2 ladies offer some really great product and are in my faves!!

I hope you come by and join in on our challenge this week! Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

Entered into the following challenge(s):
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes with optional twist: use watercolors - April 17th
Love to Create Challenge - Mixed Media April 16th Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! There is so much to see here! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Love all of the colors on this.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, love the colours and all the pretty details. Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at We Love 2 Create
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete