Friday, February 15, 2019

Crash Your Stash- The Outlawz

Hi fellow crafters! We have an awesome new Crash Your Stash Challenge over at the Outlawz! 
The purpose of this Challenge is to encourage you to use those items that are no longer trending and probably stashed away in a drawer. Forgotten and alone. So, we are here to help inspire you to dig those items out and bring them new life! This month's challenge is Chipboard!
Come play along with us!

Sponsor for This Challenge
We are 3 Digital Shop




FEBRUARY - CUE: Chip board - This can be shapes, words, letters etc

PRIZE: Recipe Cards


Now take a look at what I made using chipboard:

My first step was to take some very thin chipboard that I had in my stash (for a long time....), and cut out some cogs with my Silhouette. I needed to make them look more realistic, and rustic, like they had been there on the side of a road somewhere...or anywhere, for that matter....so I took each piece and pressed them into VersaMark and then heat embossed Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. I did that at least twice (usually 3 times). This way it hardens up the piece and gives it a bit of a shine.

I then took different pastes of various colors (green, rusty red, etc) that had the look of patina and rust. All of mine were from Art Alchemy (Prima). After I got the results I wanted, I then took Kraft cardstock and used it as a foundation for my card.

My dilemma? What color of paper to mount on top of the Kraft paper, so I can mount my cogs on. You'd think that would be easy, but then it hit me....Green! A dark green would be perfect (anyway, that's what I was thinking...lol). So I mounted the green on the Kraft, and then mounted the cogs on top of the green. I added a bow and strung twine around the edge, then added my sentiment.

I hope that you enjoyed this and that it will give you inspiration to use some of your chipboard stash! And thank you for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment