Saturday, July 13, 2019

Love Yourself - Splashy Mix Media Challenge #7

Hello, fellow crafters! I'm here today to share with you my Design Team project for Splashy Mix Media!   Usually, we're creating something for someone else...birthday, anniversary, special occasion, etc. But how often do we do something for ourselves? Not often! So for this month, our theme is FOR YOU (LOVE YOURSELF). And use a photo or something of yourself. I don't know about you, but that's a very hard thing for me to do, especially since I don't like to take my picture. Ugh! Now let's take a look at the Challenge Board -

I love the sentiment on this board! To me, this was a clean and simple board...so here is what I came up with for this challenge:


As I don't like to fuss over myself, I went with the clean and simple design. 

Here are some steps I took:
Step 1: I found a profile picture of me, and printed it in black and white. Once it was printed, I turned it over and completely covered the back of the photo with my pencil. I then turned it over to the front and traced my photo onto the canvas. It worked like a transfer sheet. I traced that with a black marker and colored in the red lips, as in the example challenge board.

Step 2: I then painted my canvas with black acrylic paint. I used different colors of paste and randomly spread the colors all over in layers. 

Step 3: While that was drying, I got some gold vinyl paper and cut out the letters for my sentiment by using my Silhouette Cameo 3. I then took an 8 x 10 chipboard piece and adhered some Paper Temptress card stock on top of the chipboard.  I cut out the individual sizes I needed for each part of the sentiment and placed the letters on top of the board.

Step 4: I found some white flowers in my stash, and sprayed them with a tea stain colored mist spray. While that was drying, I took my sentiment pieces and adhered them to the canvas.

Step 5: I then added my flowers and the beautiful butterflies you see there, from Reneabouquets. 

I hope that you will join us for this awesome challenge! So much fun! After I got over the initial shock of having to do something with my face on it, I was quite happy with the outcome (even my hubby loved it).

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw




No comments:

Post a Comment