Monday, September 9, 2019

Splashy Mix Media Challenge Blog

Hello Fellow Crafters! It's time for another challenge over at 
Splashy Mix Media Challenge Blog for the month of September!

You can create any mixed media project taking inspiration from the below moodboard. There are some beautiful colors in this board! Be sure to check them out so you can follow the right colors on the board. :)


Before I show you what I created, here are some guidelines to follow:

- Your work must be new, not previously published anywhere
- You can create any mixed media project corresponding to the moodboard and the colors presented in the moodboard are also accepted.
- You can enter up to 3 entries.
- The post should contain a banner, a link to our challenge and the name of the blog.
- Use hashtag - #splashymixchallenge and tag us at Instagram and mention that you are playing with us
- You can also add your work to our album in our Fb group
- Last date to submit your works 28th September until 11:55 pm!

Here are our Sponsors/Prizes to be given!
*****************************************************************************
CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS



*****************************************************************************

3 DT Favourites

(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive y bag from Letzcraft Store 


*****************************************************************************

1 Random Winner

(chosen by Random.org)
One Random winner from Indian Participants will get a goody bag worth Rs.500 from Creative Minds

Click on the SPONSORS tab above to know them in detail.

Like their pages and follow them for additional points

Now on to my project. I decided to go a little outside the box for me. When I saw the colors and the 1st scenery of the moodboard, I thought how lovely it would be to sit outside and look at that. So I thought I'd create a little outdoor sitting bench and little table for my little Indian Mermaid I had made a few years ago. The colors were perfect for this, and I've been trying to figure out how to display her. Voila! I now had me the perfect place for her. 

I created these pieces out of popsicle sticks. I've never made one before, so it took me a couple of tries to figure out the best way to make it. Here is my Project:


Once I had the pieces put together, I painted them and added embellishments, such as the flower on the bench (since there's one in the moodboard), and a little bottle I inked with Alcohol Ink, and a "doily" underneath the vase. 

I hope that you have been inspired by this project and that you will join us for this awesome challenge! Let your creativity flow! Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment