Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Scrapoholic Candy Shop New Release-Roses!

New Release! Dozen Roses.....and I LOVE it! Here is the link to the image and The Scrapoholic Candy Shop blog. 

Hello, crafters! Jeanie Ellis, DT here, to share with you another project from the SCS!


Now, if you'll look at the image in the SCS website, the flowers are actually reversed. I had a plan to use heavy vellum paper from the Paper Temptress, print the roses on one side, turn it over to color, then turn it back over to see the "watercolor" effect. However, the red really stood out, so I decided to use the colored side, which reversed the image (permission given by owner of SCS shop, Amanda). I used 5 different Prismacolor reds, and 3 greens, and 2 yellows for the artwork. I also used paper from the Paper Temptress for the green Basis Paper Pack and Antique Doily paper. The bright yellow was already in my stash.

I bought a black frame and used Rub 'n Buff Grecian Gold on the frame to give it a little "class" to the frame itself, glued some rick rack ribbon around the inside edge of the frame and added a fabric flower with ribbon. Both were RAK'd to me, along with the leaves. 

I stamped and colored some butterflies to match the Dozen Roses and glued them on top of the leaves. One bit of advice, however....I really probably should have used a non-shiny glass instead of a shiny glass, as it was hard to photograph without some kind of reflection. 

Be sure to check out the blog and the Facebook SCS page for DT inspiration and from others! 

Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment