Papercraft Business DT Call

Papercraft Business DT Call
DT Call

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Tsunami Rose Designs DT Project Share

Hello, fellow crafters! It's time once again for another project share from Tsunami Rose Designs (TRD) I will share more links below. 👀 I love using this journal kit! It's called Kitten Memoirs, and since I have a kitty named Mittens, I thought it would be perfect to alter a cigar box and put pictures, memorabilia, and so on in it. Can you tell I love my cat?

So here is what I came up with:
Top View

Top Angled View

Front View

Inside Top View

Inside Bottom View

Another Top Angled View

Tags with Pockets

I love these papers! They print so clearly! Altering this was a lot of fun! I always use Gesso on my projects first, unless they're going to be completely covered with paper. As for this box, I wanted to leave a little white around the edging, hence using the Gesso. Once I painted it, I set it aside to dry so I could work on the papers I wanted to print out. I then covered the outside with some solid cardstock I had in my stash, and then used various cards and such for the decorations. 

I fussy cut a few pieces out and gave them a "glass" look by coating them with double embossing clear powder. Then I cut out my journal cards. I used one of them as a pocket for my larger tags (the one with the pink lace on front of it). All those were placed inside the cigar box.

Inside the box, I used TRD Kitty Memoirs paper to cover. I also decorated the inside of the lid. One of the decorations is a pocket with mini-tags. I also used silver glitter washi tape on the inside edge of the box and an applique on the inside bottom, just to give it a little more "pizzaz"!

Now, I also want to mention that I used some Prima mist spray to give the colors on the outside papers a little less of brightness to it. That was just to give it more of a shabby chic look to it. I was very pleased with the colors.

I hope you enjoyed this project! Please be sure to check out all the links below to Tsunami Rose Designs! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


3 comments:

  1. Such a fun container design Jeanie. Adore the girly kitty theme.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. You are so sweet! Thank you so much!

      Delete