Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Textured Mixed Media Canvas - Splashy Mix Challenges

Hi, fellow crafters! Today I am here to share with you my first project as a Design Team Member with Splashy Mix Challenges! How exciting! I love Mixed Media! But first, here are our amazing Sponsors and their generous Prizes to be given away!


INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS


NATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

Rs. 1000 Value prize from Die Cuts and More




3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive Goodie bag from Letzcraft Store and will be our Guest Designer the following month 



1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get Rs.500 gift voucher

Now it's time to share with you my project! Here's a video process of my Textured Mixed Media Canvas:

Step 1: The first thing I always do with a canvas, is to prepare it's surface by painting it with Gesso. In this case, Acrylic Gesso. 

Step 2: Add my stencils. I used Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte for this step. I did various stencils in various sizes and styles. There is no right or wrong in this step!

Step 3: I then painted the surface with Black Acrylic Paint

Step 4: Now it was time to add some elements. I chose several different pieces, such as metal butterflies, gears, flowers, and a resin frame. I then added them in with my Gorilla Hot Glue and painted them black also.

Step 5: Fun time! I used a variety of Prima Sprays (Frost, Glistening Waves, and Fir Needles), and sprayed one at a time. Here's where you decide to dry them with an embossing gun in between layers or spray and then dry all at once. I then added a variety of Art Alchemy Paints and Metalliques (list of items on my video description box). 

Step 6: Now I wanted to add my final pieces - flowers and a windmill. I sprayed the white flowers with the Glistening waves and added texture paste to the large flower, hot glued them on the canvas, and colored them with some of the paints. I also "aged" my windmill by using the rusty colored pastes and hot glued it on.

Step 7 (Final): My final step was to use some bamboo sticks I had in my stash, and hot glue them all around the canvas, to give it more of a "frame". I left the white on the outside so my inward project would "pop"! 

Now for some photos of my finished canvas:



I hope that you enjoyed my project, and that you will join us in this month's Splashy Mix Challenges!  Thank you for stopping by!


Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

2 comments: