Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Outlawz Color Challenge May 2nd

Woot! Woot! Today is a new Color Challenge week over at The Outlawz! Our awesome sponsor for May is Mari Digis!
There are a lot of awesomely cute digitals over there! And now let me share with you what our Photo Inspiration for this week is:
For this inspiration, you must use the color Orange, with your option of 2 other colors and add your own twist (name what colors and twist you use). I think this is a pretty cool photo inspiration! The colors are so bright! Love them! For my project, I decided to make a little gift box.
Of course, my main color focus was using the orange. But I also added yellow and white with the twist of using a flower. The box was cut out using my Silhouette Portrait. With these patterns, you do have to use the folds the machine cuts, otherwise it's all guess work, and knowing me...I'd ruin the whole thing! Lol.

I then added an orange/yellow flower to the top of the box and white pearl trim around the side of the lid. Also, inside the bottom of the box is an extra piece cut for the bottom to give it more stability.
With the paper (Graphic45) being double-sided, it made it a lot easier to work with and not have to worry about whether or not I was folding the right direction and then having to re-fold. Been there!

I hope you will join us for this week's challenge! Beautiful colors, springy-looking, and lots of fun!

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment