Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Outlawz Color Challenge - March 28th

Hello, crafty pardners! We have started another Color Challenge over at The Outlawz! This month we have the fabulous 

DigiStamps4Joy as our sponsor!
This months prize is $10 to spend in their store!

I hope that you will join in on the fun! Below is the Photo Inspiration for this week by fellow DT member, Cara. Isn't it gorgeous??

Photo Inspiration
Now, about my card. I decided I'd do an easel card for this week. I've done a few here lately, but this one was just slightly different in that the back piece is larger. The photo led me to trying to make a stain glass window for the back. I've done 1 before, and it worked great! Only this time, I didn't have all the materials I used last time. So, I improvised. While it looked okay, it sure didn't "float my boat". I decided to take that piece and cut out a butterfly with my Big Shot.  

I may be able to explain to you somewhat how I did it, but it was quite an accident that it worked! Lol! But I did use distress inks to paint strips of colors on heavy vellum from Paper Temptress. Then I used a black marker to make various lines through the different colors to make squares, rectangles....as you seen in the inspiration photo. I also left some white. I then put a clear sticky sheet over the "stain glass", but....since I wasn't happy with the result, I decided to go ahead cut out a butterfly, just to see if it would look better in another form. It worked! What I discovered was that there was a stickiness to that side with the colors! Maybe I put it on wrong...I'm not sure. But, I made it work by sprinkling very fine white glitter over the butterfly, shake off the excess, and rubbed the remainder into the butterfly to make it stick better. I was pretty happy with it by that time!

Front of card

Side view
It was after the butterfly that I colored my image, Hello Bunny, from Digistamps4joy. She's adorable! I once again used my Prismacolors to color her in. I cut her out using my Silhouette Portrait and also cut out the easel card and it's mounting pieces with it. Then it was a matter of putting all the layers together and embellishing it. 

I hope you do join us this week! And thank you for stopping by! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment